Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Tuesday Morning July 14th

Hi- Its nap time for the kids from 1:00-2:00 so I have an hour of free time so I can get the morning update out. Tell Lucy that I am bringing her home some Chinese treats (cookies, candies, etc) so she can see what the food is like. I ventured out to the local convenience store by myself! and purchased some goodies. Should be fun to try some new things. After breakfast (YUK!) I had a granola bar again and some weird potatoes that were spicy, we had our "family craft time". Everyone had to draw pictures of what family means to them, its pretty interesting what I am coming home with. Then everyone had to make a family flag, decorated by all in your group. THey will be displayed within the restaurant. Should be fun to see everyones. Then we are making a scrapbook with markers, cutouts, etc and the best part of my morning was we all traced our hands to make one butterfly and had to decorate it. Mary was quite quiet and reserved and would not decorate but I did mine and showed her and she asked me to help her do hers the same exact way as mine as she thought it was so beautiful! She then started copying everything (craft) that I was doing. It felt so good. Then we all went for ice cream at the local "dairy queen", courtesy of camp, and our flavors were pineapple, vegetable flavor, or a mix of both. Needless to say, I tried the pineapple which did not taste anything like pineapple but was cool and refreshing. Carvel, here I come!!! We then had lunch, in which Nick was eating a chicken head from the buffet, it was so gross that I had to take his picture. Since nap time is nearly over I have to go, we are going to a water park (at campus, blow up slides, etc.) and swimming until dinner. It is a really nice day here and the sun is shining and Mary is very excited to go to the water park. Most of these kids have never seen anything like it, unless they were here last year. More updates tonight!! Laura English lenglish32@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment