Wednesday, July 8, 2009
One Day to Go
OK- I have just finished packing, cooking for Jim and Lucy, and finished laundry so I am ready to go. My flight leaves tomorrow morning, July 9 at 7:00am from Tampa to Newark (2 1/2 hours), then from Newark nonstop to Beijing (18 hours!) then from Beijing to Zhengzhou (2 hours). I arrive on Friday, July 10 at 6:30pm China time. I am being met by a friend of a friend, who is a local university student in China and also works with Bring Me Hope. Her name is Sarah and she has graciously agreed to pick me up at the airport, take me touring, for dinners, to the hotel and then finally to camp on Sunday. I am excited to meet her but also nervous to be traveling alone.
On Saturday, we will be touring around Zhengzhou, which I have not visitied before. We traveled to another part of China to get Lucy. Here is a website if you are interested in seeing the area: http://www.travelchinaguide.com/cityguides/henan/zhengzhou/
Wish me luck, prayers, and happy chopstick eating and I will do my best to update this blog and add photos. Thanks to everyone who has allowed me this amazing opportunity, especially Jim and Lucy, whom I will miss with all my heart.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good luck Laura. Be safe.
ReplyDeleteKeep us posted.
Allan
Take care of yourself Laura, enjoy and God speed.
ReplyDeleteEllen and Jeff